Estate Planning · Probate
Kendra Rey’s practice focuses on estate planning and probate matters. She assists her clients with the preparation of revocable living trusts and other specialty trusts such as special needs trusts for children and adults with disabilities, IRA trusts, and Veterans Administration trusts, and with planning and preparation for Medicaid and other government benefits. She provides counsel to people of all family circumstances, assisting them through the options and decision-making process of drafting their wills, trusts, and ancillary health documents, and helping clients navigate the probate court system to administer an estate after a death.
Ms. Rey also practices in the areas of real estate and business law. She has a varied background that is invaluable to understanding her client’s needs and advising them. Her experience ranges from mineral leasing and participation agreements, to small business organization, to supervision of clean-up programs under the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and Environmental Protection Agency, to real property purchases and sales, to commercial leasing, to real estate secured lending, to condominium and town home regime development.
Kendra loves the personal nature of a practice in estate planning, government benefits, and probate, and providing her clients with peace of mind. She understands that people don’t undertake this type of planning for themselves. Instead, it is done for the benefit of those they care most about: their family and loved ones. She is available as a speaker to groups of any size about the vital importance of estate and incapacity planning.
Kendra is a Texas and Dallas-Fort Worth native, but in her free time her passion is traveling. She and her husband have three children. The five of them recently took a sabbatical year in Alicante, Spain, where the kids attended an international school and the family was able to travel extensively.
- Admitted to the Texas Bar, 1997
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Law Office of Kendra L.R. Rey
- Winstead PC
- Juris Doctor, University of Texas School of Law, cum laude, 1997.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and International Business, Baylor University, magna cum laude, 1994.
- Northway Christian Church, member and volunteer
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, pro bono volunteer
- Plano Independent School District volunteer