Tisha Ghormley has always been independent and hardworking, excelling naturally at conflict resolution, and critical thinking. She has experienced the law from many different sides – from large, national, AM100 law firms, to smaller law firms . . . as a legislative intern for a U.S. Congressman while in college, a trial paralegal before attending law school, as a commercial real estate transactions specialty attorney, to the broader practice she has now at Hammerle Finley, which includes residential and commercial real estate, other general business transactions, entity formation, estate planning and trusts, probate, guardianship, and business litigation.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Law and Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
She received her Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2000, and her undergraduate degree in Communication and Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1994. As an attorney, she is diligent in learning about her clients’ needs so that she can serve as a valuable advocate for them. Tisha takes a personal interest in the lives of each of her clients, as she counsels and offers her legal advice, while maintaining integrity and focusing on the best interests of her clients. Her clients can depend on her for reliable, responsive service.
- Represented real estate fund in corporate restaurant chain acquisition for roughly $20 million in cash and the assumption of about $255 million in debt.
- Represented real estate fund in commercial real estate portfolio acquisition of over 100 properties located nationwide.
- Representing clients in a number of complex civil matters, including: breach of contract, false, misleading, and/or deceptive consumer practices, accounting practices and loan repayment from estate, and many others.
- Represented commercial real estate owners and developers with acquisition, leasing and sale of raw land, office buildings, retail shopping centers, industrial/warehousing areas, and other real property.
- Represented large, commercial, big box, and small business tenants with ground and space leasing.
- Represented residential real estate developer with acquisitions of raw land, covenant restrictions, and homeowners’ association formation documents.
- Represented residential parties, in contract negotiation, closing, and disputes related thereto.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in mortgage loans.
- Represented landlords and tenants in a variety of retail and office leasing matters and disputes.
- Represented family partnerships, and various trusts with consolidation, and disposition of real property as a part of an estate.
- Texas 2000
- Baker Botts, Dallas, Texas
- Jenkens & Gilchrist, Dallas, Texas
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctorate 2000, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Arts, 1994
Awards and Honors:
- Texas Congress of Parents and Teachers Honorary Life Member
- American Bar Association Negotiation Competition (Former Regional Finalist, National Champion, International Competition Competitor in London, England)
- National Order of the Barristers, National Membership for Excellency in Advocacy
- Irving Bible Church, Member and Volunteer
- Grapevine-Colleyville Education Foundation, Board of Directors
- Camp Sol, Inc., Board of Directors
- Grapevine-Colleyville ISD Council of Parent Teacher Associations, Former President and Executive Board Member
- Grapevine-Colleyville ISD District Excellence Committee Member
- Texas Congress of Parents and Students Bylaws and Standing Rules Committee for Texas PTA
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tarrant County, Volunteer Mentor
- Children’s Medical Center Board of Trustees, Women’s Auxiliary Board, and Volunteer Advisory Council, Former Member
- Junior League of Dallas, Former Leadership Council Member and Bylaws Chair
- Leadership Dallas Graduate
- Grapevine-Colleyville ISD Council of Parent Teacher Associations Founders’ Day Luncheon, February 23, 2017.
- Grapevine-Colleyville ISD Council of Parent Teacher Associations Legislative Roundtable Forum, January 6, 2017.
- Grapevine-Colleyville ISD Council of Parent Teacher Associations Founders’ Day Luncheon, February 25, 2016.
- Negotiation of a Business Transaction, Dallas Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, March 2, 1999.