Civil Litigation · Estate Planning · Probate and Guardianship Attorney
Virginia Hammerle founded Hammerle Finley Law in 1984. She is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, and was voted a SuperLawyer in Business Litigation for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Probate and Guardianship
- Estate Planning
Ms. Hammerle is the founder of Hammerle Finley Law Firm, located in North Dallas, Texas, where she generally limits her practice to litigation, administration and business issues relating to business law, estate, trust, guardianship and probate matters. She has been the managing attorney since its inception. She received her Doctor of Jurisprudence in May, 1982 from Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, and undergraduate degree in finance in May of 1979 from University of Missouri-Columbia. She has been Board Cerfified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1995. An experienced trial lawyer, Ms. Hammerle has tried more than 100 civil cases to completion.
She has represented clients in a number of complex civil matters, including:
- Represented Defendant on $84 million claim regarding Sale of Mortgages
- Represented Plaintiff on Trade Secret Theft case
- Represented Plaintiff on Non-Competition Clause and Theft of Proprietary Information case
- Represented Defendant on Theft of Proprietary Information case
- Represented Defendant on Non-Competition Clause case
- Represented Plaintiff on Construction/Deceptive Trade Practice case
- Represented Plaintiffs on Construction/Engineer case
- Represented Plaintiffs on Breach of Contract /Investment Fraud case
- Represented Plaintiff in cases involving Director Liability, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Note Deficiency, Sequestration, Assets Sales, and Loan Workouts; served on SWAT team
- Represented Plaintiff on Horse Transaction case
- Represented Plaintiff on Breach of Partnership Agreement case
- Represented Proposed Ward on contested Guardianship case
- Represented Applicant on contested Guardianship case
- Represented Family Member on contested Guardianship case
- Represented Defendant/Beneficiaries on contested Trust and Estate case
- Represented Plaintiffs in class action lawsuit
- Represented lending institutions in sequestrations for office furniture, vehicles on floor-plan loan, dairy cattle, and multi-million dollar aircraft
Ms. Hammerle is licensed and admitted to practice before Texas Courts and in the following Federal courts: Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Hammerle has worked with the Senate Health and Human Resources Committee and has testified before the Texas Senate Jurisprudence Committee on issues relating to aging and guardianship.
Ms. Hammerle served on the Boards of the Dallas County Children’s Advocacy Center and the Denton County Children’s Advocacy Center. She was a member of the Board of Trustees of Trinity Medical Center for 10 years, serving as Chairman of the Board for three years. She was a founder and President of the Highland Village Parks Foundation and was instrumental in arranging for the purchase of a $1.3 million property for use by the Foundation, the City and non-profits.
Ms. Hammerle is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the National Care Planning Council, WealthCounsel and the Texas Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She is certified as an Ad Litem by the Texas Supreme Court of Texas. She is also a member of the Denton County Bar Association as well as the Denton County Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section.
She is a member of the Texas Association of Bank Counsel and approved counsel for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. She served as counsel for the Resolution Trust Corporation, where she was a member of the elite SWAT team.
A frequent speaker at professional and community seminars, Ms. Hammerle has authored LegalTalk columns for 30 years and speaks on KRLD News 1080, CBS Radio. Her articles have been published in the Dallas Morning News, The Denton Record Chronicle, The Lewisville News, The Denton Business & Community News, The Denton Business Chronicle, The Flower Mound Business Chronicle, Senior Living Magazine and Cross-Timbers Gazette. She has authored articles for Inside The Minds, an Aspatore book series.
Ms. Hammerle is active in local civic organizations, including the Denton Kiwanis Club, in which she was Board Member, President, and a Hixson Award recipient. She was founder and President of the Alliance Bar Association, a unique bar organization that was composed of business and civic leaders, lawyers, judges, police chiefs, and mayors.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1995
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- The National Care Planning Council
- Accredited Estate Planner by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 a Thomson Reuters service
- Ranked “10” by AVVO
- Texas, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District, 2011
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D. 1982
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.S. – Finance 1979