Estate Planning · Probate · Guardianship · Estate and Trust Litigation · Medicaid
With more than 37 years of experience, Robert S. Morris practices Elder Law, Business and Real Estate Litigation, Appeals, Probate, Guardianship and Medicaid.
Mr. Morris regularly handles probate and guardianship matters in Denton, Collin, Dallas and Tarrant counties.
Mr. Morris began his career in private practice in Austin, Texas for four years before being appointed County Attorney for Martin County, Texas. In 1983, Mr. Morris was elected by his fellow prosecutors as a member of the board of directors of the Texas District and County Attorneys Association, a position he held from 1983-1985.
In 1986, Mr. Morris accepted an appointment as First Assistant District Attorney for the 118th Judicial District. As First Assistant DA, Mr. Morris prosecuted governmental corruption, obtaining a conviction against a county employee on over 20 counts of misapplication of fiduciary property. He also handled appeals for the DA’s office, with no conviction ever being reversed.
In 1987, Mr. Morris joined the Criminal District Attorney’s Office in Denton, where his job was to represent Denton County in civil matters. He represented the County in employment and contract matters, and defended the County from prisoner lawsuits in both state and federal court.
In 1992, Mr. Morris left the DA’s office and returned to private practice.
Areas of Practice:
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
- Probate, Guardianship and Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Medicaid Planning
- Contested Probate and Trust Litigation
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Denton County Bar Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section
- Texas Super Lawyer 2014, 2015, and 2016, a Thompson Reuters Award
Representative Appellate Cases:
- Reitmeyer v. Charm Craft Publisher, 619 S.W.2d. 441 (Tex. Civ. App.-Waco 1981)
- Downey v. Denton County, Texas, 119 F.3rd 381 (U.S. Court of Appeals-Fifth Circuit 1997)
- Gaskill v. Sneaky Enterprises, Inc, 997 S.W.2d 296 (Tex. App.-Ft. Worth 1999)
- Foley v. Parlier, 68 S.W. 3rd 870 (Tex. App- FT. Worth 2002)
- Meyer v. WMCO-GP, LLC, 211 S.W.3rd 302 (Tex. 2006)
- McCrary v. Office of Personnel Management, 459 F.3rd 1344 (US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2006)
- Texas, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Juris Doctorate University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- B.A. The Johns Hopkins University