Estate Planning · Probate · Guardianship · Estate and Trust Litigation · Medicaid
With more than 40 years of experience, Robert S. Morris practices in the area of Elder Law, Probate, and Estate Planning. As a probate lawyer, Mr. Morris regularly handles probate and guardianship matters in Denton, Collin, Tarrant, Wise, and Dallas County.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Morris began his career in private practice in Austin, Texas for four years before being appointed County Attorney for Martin County, Texas. In 1983, Mr. Morris was elected by his fellow prosecutors as a member of the board of directors of the Texas District and County Attorneys Association, a position he held from 1983-1985.
In 1986, Mr. Morris accepted an appointment as First Assistant District Attorney for the 118th Judicial District.
In 1987, Mr. Morris joined the Criminal District Attorney’s Office in Denton, where his job was to represent Denton County in civil matters. He represented the County in employment and contract matters and defended the County from prisoner lawsuits in both state and federal court.
In 1992, Mr. Morris left the DA’s office and went back to private practice.
Mr. Morris joined Hammerle Finley Law Firm in 1994. His areas of practice included Civil Litigation and Probate. He now primarily practices in the area of Estate Planning, Probate, and Medicaid planning.
A sampling of appellate decisions in cases handled by Mr. Morris
- Reitmeyer v. Charm Craft Publisher, 619 S.W.2d. 441 (Tex. Civ. App.-Waco 1981)
- Downey v. Denton County, Texas, 119 F.3rd 381 (U.S. Court of Appeals-Fifth Circuit 1997)
- Gaskill v. Sneaky Enterprises, Inc, 997 S.W.2d 296 (Tex. App.-Ft. Worth 1999)
- Foley v. Perlier, 68 S.W. 3rd 870 (Tex. App- FT. Worth 2002)
- Meyer v. WMCO-GP, LLC, 211 S.W.3rd 302 (Tex. 2006)
- McCrary v. Office of Personnel Management, 459 F.3rd 1344 (US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2006)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Texas Super Lawyer 2014,2015,2016, and 2017, a Thompson Reuters Award
- Texas, 1977
- S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- S. District Court Western District of Texas
- S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- J.D. from University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas 1977
- B.A. degree from Johns Hopkins University
Need to speak with
one of our attorneys?
We are ready to help you get through what you're experiencing.